[lbo-talk] Bartley gets a gold star from W

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Dec 4 16:43:20 PST 2003

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 12:21 PM, Doug Henwood quoted:

> He took the editorial page helm in 1972, a moment in American history
> when traditional values and verities were being questioned.

Such as the traditional value and verity that when your President is a crook, even though he says he isn't, he gets to stay in office.

> Bob's great achievement was in sorting through that intellectual
> turmoil to locate and promote ideas that helped steer the country back
> to its founding strength and optimism.

Which we are so fortunate to enjoy today.

> He championed the economic policies that broke the back of stagflation
> in the early 1980s, as well as the political and national security
> ideas that finally broke the Soviet Union in the 1990s.

And the Soviet citizens had nothing to do with it, of course. And they too have enjoyed the founding strength and optimism of Holy Mother Russia to this day.

What an unbelievable load of crap!

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt