[lbo-talk] Beaten Black Man's Death a Homicide (Cincinnati)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Dec 5 13:15:18 PST 2003

> CB: Lets see. If I were to pull a Wojtek on you I'd say something like
"you
> sound like a little kid who knows they have done something wrong, and
tries
> to avoid a whipping by way of a phony self-victimization and pandering
> anti-Proyectism on the list."
>
> So, Wojtek, do you think that white people have a special
responsibility to
> prevent the creation of stereotypical white criminals like George
Bush,
> Kenneth Lay, Timothy McVeigh and the entire U.S. Senate, etc. ?

I do not think I've done anything wrong so there is no reason to avoid anything. Just sharing some personal experiences. "Pulling a Proyect" was meant to be humorous.

As to the second part of your posting, I think you turn what I said on its head. I did not say that blacks or NAACP have a special responsibility to prevent creation of stereotypes. I said that making criminal thugs poster boys of struggle against discrimination does not strike me like a particularly effective strategy. That seems to undermine the organization's stated mission of "advancement" of the people it represents.

Wojtek