[lbo-talk] Beaten Black Man's Death a Homicide (Cincinnati)

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 13:18:45 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/5/2003 12:42:51 PM Pacific Standard Time, cbrown at michiganlegal.org writes:

> So, Wojtek, do you think that white people have a special responsibility to
> prevent the creation of stereotypical white criminals like George Bush,
> Kenneth Lay, Timothy McVeigh and the entire U.S. Senate, etc. ?

Um, if you put it like that, speaking for myself, well yes, and we're doing a crappy job of it! ;-)

I do not feel personally responsible for every action and bad choice of the white criminals mentioned, but I do feel considerable responsibility to try to limit the damage they can cause. That would be one reason for reading lbo-talk! Protective custody anyone?

Be that as it may, it's unclear to me how the NAACP would be more responsible for the actions of the guy who got shot than he himself or than a generalized societal way of dealing with the mentally ill or the drug addicted. And while I am ranting, I think nice white liberals who get all upset about cops beating people up at demonstrations should open their eyes. "Appropriate use of force" in eery day situations looked darned aggressive to me a lot of the time.

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20031205/40215242/attachment.htm>