[lbo-talk] outsourcing: a view from India

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Dec 5 15:29:30 PST 2003

On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 12:42 PM, Eubulides quoted:

> Moreover, outsourcing dreams as well as the nightmares indicate how
> much
> the international marketplace rather than the growth of the domestic
> market has come to be accepted as the principal source of new
> employment
> by the Indian middle class. Migration, whether actual or digital,
> seems to
> be the limited and tenuous option that the current development strategy
> offers those who defend it most.

Yes, why is that, I wonder? China seems to be developing its own internal market reasonably well; why not India?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt