[lbo-talk] The bottom line

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 5 23:41:12 PST 2003

> >KERRY O'BRIEN [quoting Mark Latham]: Howard the arse-licker and the brown
nose kissing bums, as
> >you put it, Abbott hanging out of the Queen's backside, the conga line of
> >suckholes.
>
> Damn, I wish American public life were more like this.
>
> Doug

Even setting aside his Third Way-ism [Book Review: Civilising Global Capital by Mark Latham, Allen and Unwin, Sydney 1998 http://www.wsws.org/polemics/1998/jun1998/lath-j27.shtml ], Latham does have real "dark sides", if you like. For example, his breaking the arm of a Sydney cab driver, in a confrontation a few years ago. A newspaper has tracked the guy down and he says he'll still vote Labor. Someone who says she won't be voting for Latham is his first wife, who says he was "narcissistic", "hard", "demanding" and disapproved of her reading feminist literature.

Grant.