[lbo-talk] Now Ms. Ahab sez: 'Change Direction'!

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Sat Dec 6 14:43:42 PST 2003

What difference will Ms. Ahab make? "Stay the course" sounds pretty extreme to me.

"We have to change direction before irreparable harm is done."

Yesterday 'stay the course', today 'change direction'. Wow, what leadership potential.

Shes' just got her knickers in a tangle because the Repubs want to replace FDR's visage with that of Ronnie on the US Dime, which is worthless anyhow. Thats' the 'irreparable harm' she refers to. Ahab, get a clue: its' TOO LATE to change direction. Too late for you and your political regime, that is.

BTW, those new jobs numbers kinda sucked, manufacturing still sinking. Fell well short of Golden Sacks rosy scenario. -Brad

PS: Ahab will live on, unless she messes with Cheneys' deferred stock options.

http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/common/popupPrintArticle.pl?path=/articles/ 2003/12/06/1070625578769.html Hillary attacks 'extremist' Bush

December 6, 2003 - 8:05PM

Hillary Clinton launched a withering attack on US president George Bush accusing him of pursuing an "extremist agenda".

The New York Democratic Senator and wife of former president Bill Clinton accused Bush of "making America less free, fair, strong, smart than it deserves to be in a dangerous world".

In an interview with the Houston Chronicle she called the Bush administration "radical".

She said that under Bush's rule there was a threat to the "central pillars of progress in our country during the 20th century". [...] "We have to change direction before irreparable harm is done."

Clinton has denied persistent speculation that she will try to challenge Mr Bush for the White House in the presidential election next year.

She has repeatedly said she is happy as senator for the state of New York and insisted that she will see out her period in that office taking her past the 2004 election.

But some political observers believe she will bid to become the first female president of the United States in 2008. [...]