[lbo-talk] Re: US, Israel, & New York Times (was Re: Israel Disease Spreds)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Dec 7 19:32:35 PST 2003

>Quoting Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>:
>
>> I almost begin to think that U.S. imperialism exists on LBO-talk only
>> when it comes to discussions of Israel and its discrimination against
>> Palestinians.
>
>That's because you assume (1) multinational capitalism is synonymous
>with the US oiligarchy, and (2) the US oiligarchy runs the world.
>Those are debatable points, though -- Eurocapital is flexing its
>muscles these days, East Asia continues to go its own way, etc.
>
>-- DRR

How does the relation among the US, Israel, Palestinians, and predominantly Arab states fit into Negri's "Empire"? -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>