[lbo-talk] White Supremacists Found With WMD in Texas

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Dec 8 06:23:27 PST 2003

On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 01:38 PM, Michael Pugliese quoted:

> Federal investigators were not looking for white supremacist groups
> when they stumbled across Krar by accident.
> He drew the FBI's attention when he sent a package of counterfeit ID's
> for the United Nations and Defense Intelligence Agency to Feltus' New
> Jersey home earlier this year. The package was mistakenly delivered to
> a Staten Island man, who opened it and called police.

Wonder why this story hasn't attracted more attention in the media. This is the first time I've heard of it. Could it be that most of the media wants the words "terrorism" and "weapons of mass destruction" to be firmly associated with Muslims/Arabs, rather than white Americans, in the public's mind?

And the FBI apparently isn't thinking much about the possibility of white American "terrorists," either.

> This was not the first time that Krar has drawn the attention of
> federal investigators. In 1995, the ATF investigated Krar and another
> man on weapons charges. The other suspect told authorities at the time
> that he and Krar shared an abiding hatred of the federal government
> and had been planning to bomb government facilities, court records
> show. But the suspect later recanted the story about plotting terror
> attacks with Krar. Krar denied the allegation and was not arrested,
> according to records.

This guy gets his legal rights scrupulously observed, while others are tossed into military brigs and Camp X-ray with no contact with lawyers, right to habeas corpus, or any assurance that they will ever get out for the rest of their lives, just because Ashcroft and his buddies thinks they might somehow have an Al-Qaeda connection.

> While authorities work for a new break in the case, some
> counter-terrorism experts question whether the government might be
> overlooking dangers closer to home while fighting the War on Terror in
> the Middle East.

[snip]

> Former Dallas FBI Special Agent in Charge Danny Coulson was involved
> in the nation's first stand-offs with domestic anti-government groups
> and mounted some of the first intensive domestic terror
> investigations. He cautioned that authorities should take care not to
> forget about domestic groups while concentrating on foreign ones.
> "It's scary when you look at their capabilities," he said. "Look at
> the vulnerabilities of our society. We don't have to concern ourselves
> only with foreign terrorists, but we need to concern ourselves with
> domestic terrorists too. And these guys are very dangerous."

This guy Coulson sounds like some kind of subversive to me. Better keep him under observation, too!

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax