[lbo-talk] please, ralph, NOOO!!!

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Mon Dec 8 11:14:38 PST 2003

Aren't there are some very positive possibilities that could emerge from another Nader run? What if he runs, and Dean helps him get into the debates, and then both Dean and Nader double-team Bush? That would be a big structural breakthrough, and also a phenomenon that Bush would be very hard-pressed to survive. I think if that happened, Nader would eventually drop out and endorse Dean. Even if he didn't, if Dean supported Nader and they double-teamed Bush, most Nader backers would vote Dean in order to can Bush.

If I were Dean (and if Dean is who he semi-claims to be), I'd be inviting Nader into the race, and trying to forge a pact for a double-whammy, as outlined above. It would protect Dean from the McGovern attacks, while also allowing him to speak to Naderites like me.