[lbo-talk] Fwd: NEW DEM DAILY: Changing the Subject on Cultural Issues

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Dec 8 15:45:18 PST 2003

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I would love to hear somebody finally start talking about jobs, health
> care, and education (plus urban renewal).

Don't count on it! You could have said the same thing back in 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, and 2000. The same chorus of "support the Democrats because they are different than the Republicans" would start singing. Then a Republican or Democrat would get elected and none of the important issues get addressed. That's when some of us extend a middle finger to these ahistorical liberals and ask if anything will be seriously changed in our lifetimes by working within the system.

Don't vote in 2004, because it only encourages them, again and again and again.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey