[lbo-talk] Billy Kristol: Dean could beat Bush

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 11:44:51 PST 2003

Gregory Geboski <greg at mail.unionwebservices.com> wrote:The silly football analogy should be a tip-off that we're dealing here with either mushy thinking or (I think) a cue to a kind of inside joke. My guess is Kristol's angling for a White House and/or campaign insider job (it's not the first time). But I can't imagine this sort of no-shit-Sherlock "analysis" will win it for him.

Bush doesn't have to run against Dean. With his money, and the right's lock on the media, he can run against whatever straw man he and Rove choose to set up.

Well, I'm as pessimistic as they come, but remember, people wrote off Clinton too. The Democratic base is as enraged as it's ever been, and the political situation is incredibly volatile. If Dean wins the popular vote by a substantial margin, and loses the Electoral College, all hell will break loose in this country.