[lbo-talk] Frontpage interviews Hitch

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 10 13:25:40 PST 2003

I've mentioned before that I'm Canadian, and I don't really understand why anyone gives a shit about Hitchens...

But so many of my friends in the US do, so I try to read about it when I have time and nothing more important to do... like, say, watching the weather channel for reports on Hwy. 401 snow activity...

But I think Max is right in his estimation -- especially the last line:

>It probably won't hurt his carrer any,
>as a kind of neo-con enfant terrible.

The guy has never looked like anything but a cocktail circuit lounge lizard of the left to me. Maybe that's just because Canadian media don't put any history on him. He's just some snide asshole with a drink in his hand talking about his past.

Who fucking cares?

With respect, the guy is using all your wrath and angst to build a career, like Max notes. Become a media personality. And, right now, he knows he will get air play with the Right as a defector.

If no one cared about him, he wouldn't get a dime.

Anyway... don't let me rain on your Hitchens Hate Parade. Hate away... Let him earn his money...

Ken.

-- Behind every great fortune, there is a crime.

-- Honore de Balzac