[lbo-talk] Re: arranged marriages (was surveys prove men dumb, women smart)

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:16:38 PST 2003

Michael Dawson wrote (regarding Wojtek):

You think gays demanding equal marital rights is a form of cultural pollution?

Kenneth Campbell replied:

Jeebus... Did this Woj guy really say all that?

Nope, he didn't. Not by a long shot.

Here's what was written:

** That [clearing up confusion over the seperation of subjective phenomena such as love from contractural arrangements such as marriage] would eliminate a lot of nonsensical and pointless cultural wars that now pollute public debates in this country.**

That was it. No statements about anyone's claims for equal rights polluting anything.

Sometimes, I make outrageous and unsupportable statements such as my tragic tendency to accuse chestnuts of being lazy. Without exception, these unfortunate moments were the result of my failure to RTFM (http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/r/RTFM.html) so to speak.

I've learned that a little less shaken and stirred excitability and a lot more chilled consideration goes a long way.

DRM