[lbo-talk] Re: arranged marriages (was surveys prove men dumb, women smart)

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 11 12:40:19 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Not necessarily. I married Liza because I wanted to
> tell the world how much I love her.

Really? You used a courtroom to tell the world you love her?

I would have used email or Pony Express. Having a judge stand there... waiting to get his per diem... tugging at his or her Fruit of the Loom... that's not my idea of romance.

Dropping watermelons off the roof... now THAT is telling the world I love someone!!

> I even felt a druggy rush during the vows.

I get the same rush from dropping watermelons off the roof and yelling "I LOVE YOU!"

Ken.

-- People were once ordered to believe that the Earth did not go around the Sun. Was Galileo refuted by this?

-- Karl Marx