[lbo-talk] Al Gore's Judas Kiss

R rhisiart at charter.net
Thu Dec 11 15:35:58 PST 2003

don't agree, brian. not going to go into details of why and how. other than to say the symbol of the alleged jewish betrayal of "god" is a profound antisemitic symbol that's been used and misused for centuries. it ranges from judas kissing jesus for the sole purpose that the romans would know who to arrest to the allegations that the jewish sanhedrin caused pilot to crucify "god." right up to the experiences of nat hentoff getting beaten up almost every day on his way home from school for being a christ killer.

very different from the mafia kiss of death, which hasn't a thing to do with a couple thousand years of violent and cruel religious discrimination. judas kiss is no more friendly than a the mafia kiss of death or a kick in the groin.