[lbo-talk] master's tools

Arash arash at riseup.net
Thu Dec 11 17:23:02 PST 2003

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of kelley at pulpculture.org Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 6:15 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] master's tools

We don't want to pluck the flowers from the chain and wear the chain without any consolation. We want to break the chain and cull the living flower.

Who chains up flowers? The master's tools thing I kind of get, but chaining up flowers is plain silly, and why would I think of wearing the chain after I picked the flower?

On the master's tools, I think saying "oppressive tactics can't bring down an oppressive system" (because they just bring about a new oppressive system) would get the point across more clearly. The abstractions seems to beat the metaphor in this case.

Arash