[lbo-talk] Victory in San Francisco!

Thu Dec 11 18:03:15 PST 2003

Newsome definitely has his work cut out for him, especially with a $61M plus deficit (and growing) and 5 progressives on the board of Sups. Gavin certainly didn't get a mandate, and he'll have to fight the board on many of his mayoral appointments. Ain't going to be biz as usual.

I'd say it was a huge win for the progressives. The Dems were put on notice, as they had to pull out just about everything to win this one. They even stooped to calling Matt a racist in the final days.

Matt's power base has grown exponentially in a very short period... He'll be a power to be reckoned with in the future.

Steven

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Wanzala Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 5:41 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Victory in San Francisco!