[lbo-talk] U.N. Meeting Debates Software for Poor Nations

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Dec 11 21:01:59 PST 2003

On Thursday, December 11, 2003, at 11:08 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I would have
> difficulties exchanging files with my work machine (which uses Windows
> OS) and my co-workers.

I exchange files between my Mac and Windows people every day. (Fortunately, I don't need to use any Windows apps that don't have Mac equivalents, but if I did, I could always pick up a cheapo Dell or something, I guess.

Though I don't use Linux, I don't think it would be any harder to learn to use than Windoze for non-Western gov't folks. Of course, the Mac would be easiest, but it might be a bit pricey for them, unless Apple offers them a really good deal on quantity.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Belinda: Ay, but you know we must return good for evil. Lady Brute: That may be a mistake in the translation.

-- Sir John Vanbrugh: The Provok’d Wife (1697), I.i.