[lbo-talk] Re: arranged marriages (was surveys prove men dumb, women smart)

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 07:16:23 PST 2003

Michael Dawson wrote:

RTFM yourself, Mr. Chill...

====================================

Of course, I could be mis-reading. It would be foolish (and arrogant) to deny that possibility. We shouldn't parse the text too much though since Mr. Sokolowski is on-hand to provide clarification - if he chooses.

I believe my interpretation is correct but I've made big mistakes before.

For example...

There's a museum near my home dedicated to the work of the artist Auguste Rodin -

http://www.rodinmuseum.org/

It's a pleasant place, unusually peaceful. As a boy, whenever I heard someone refer to the Rodin museum I assumed they were talking about an entire building dedicated to the Japanese atomic-age cinema monster, Rodan -

http://www.rodansroost.com/rodansroost/movies/rodan.shtml

I loved Rodan, with his supersonic, building flattening speeds and banshee cry; the thought of a whole museum just for him was very exciting.

It was quite a disappointment when my Grandmother took me to the Rodin museum for the first time. Sure, *The Thinker* was there (what-ever), but where were the Toho studio models of downtown Tokyo, circa 1958? Where was cool-ass Kenji Sahara with his wrap-around shades and calm demeanor in the face of monster wrought destruction?

Yeah, that was quite a mistake.

By the way, *Mr. Chill* is good; I dig it. I think I'd prefer Senor Frio though.

Oh well, enough frivolity. Back to discussing this hell-bound handbasket we seem to be in.

DRM