[lbo-talk] re Neocons Lose to the Main Enemy

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 12 18:24:17 PST 2003

Ulhas 'sez certain sectors of the Left can't forget. Neo-cons can't remember. I just skimmed through the latest issue of Commentary. Our Jeet Heer has a letter replying to a piece by neo-con Muravchik. The latter in his replies to Jeet and others 'sez that neo-cons did NOT support the anti- semitic Argentine junta of the 80's! Huh!?! Jeanne Kirkpatrick did. I remember seeing Irving Kristol debate Jacobo Timmerman on the PBS MacNeil- Lehrer News Hour back then. Kristol lied about Timmerman (saying he had been a supporter of the junta), who as he was being tortured in Argentina was subjected to wild rants about Einstein, Marx and, "Judeo-Bolshevism, " derived from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and Kristol minimized the hatred of and violence against Jews by the regime, as he also apologized for the Christian Zionist Right. http://www.commentarymagazine.com/letters.htm#N
> ...Neocons December 2003

To the Editor: