[lbo-talk] Gorbachev calls for rehabilitating royal family as victims of political reprisal

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Dec 14 09:50:40 PST 2003

>Gorbachev calls for rehabilitating royal family as victims of
>political reprisal
>MOSCOW. Dec 11 (Interfax) - Former president of the USSR Mikhail
>Gorbachev believes that Russia's last emperor, Nicholas II, and his
>family, who were executed under a decision from the Soviet
>authorities, should be rehabilitated as soon as possible....

This is, of course, the same character who, when he still was holding power and pretending to be a Communist, refused to reverse the expulsion of Leon Trotsky from the CPSU, the Moscow Trial verdict against him, or the decree abolishing his Soviet citizenship. Now he comes clean about his esteem for Nicholas The Bloody (whom LT, by the way, wanted tried for his crimes, which were far, far worse than those for which Charles I and Louis XVI lost their heads).

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64