[lbo-talk] A Sad Day for ANSWER/Interesting Day for Intl Legal Scholars

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 10:41:32 PST 2003

--- mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ANSWER's offices will be closed to mark this
> horrible
> day. O black is the sky, they wail! Were that we
> were
> never born!

Actually, it raises some interesting question.

I dont know enough (well, I know next to nothing) about International law. Will Bush et al allow Sadam to be tried before the International court or will he be tried by an american military tribunal...after all, wasn't the invasion of Iraq illegal, in the sense that it wasn't sanctioned by the UN? So, if you illegally go into a country and topple the government on what basis can you- the illegal intruder-prosecute the leader of that country?

Looks to me that you are going to have another possible showdown between the Bushies and the International community.

-Thomas