[ JHSPAM-ALERT ] [lbo-talk] Fwd: Do you favor or oppose gay marriage?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Dec 15 08:12:40 PST 2003

Doug posted a missive from

From: American Family Association <actionalert at lists.afa.net> To: dhenwood at panix.com Subject: Do you favor or oppose gay marriage? Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:59:00 -0600

I did go to their web site and cast my vote in favor of legalizing gay marriages, and was diverted to the table showing the results of their poll - 98.7% voting AGAINST legalization. I understand that the sample may suffer from self-selection bias - so the more realistic number is closer to 70-80% against.

That pissed me off, because I was again duped to think that this is an open-minded freedom loving society rather than a bunch arrogant self-righteous bigots.

Wojtek