[lbo-talk] Bush RICO Lawsuit

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Dec 15 13:21:40 PST 2003

> It is interesting to note that the plaintiff has secured well
respected
> legal representation: a former Deputy Attorney General of
Pennsylvania, who
> served with distinction under both Democrats and Republicans and was
once a
> strong candidate for the governor's seat.
>
> "(Philadelphia, PA - 11/26/03) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, announced
today
> that he, attorney for Ellen Mariani, wife of Louis Neil Mariani, who
died
> when United Air Lines flight 175 was flown into the South Tower of the
World
> Trade Center on 9-11 at a news conference regarding the filing of a
detailed
> Amended Complaint in the United States District Court for the Eastern
> District of Pennsylvania on 11/26/03 in the case of Mariani vs. Bush
et al
> that he is alleging President Bush and officials including, but not
limited
> to Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld and Feinberg that they:
>
> 1. had knowledge/warnings of 911 and failed to warn or take steps to
> prevent;
>
> 2. have been covering up the truth of 911; and
>
> 3. have therefore violated the laws of the United States; and
>
> 4. are being sued under the Civil RICO Act."

Sounds like the Christic Institute's lawsuit against the US gov't in the aftermath of the Iran-contra scandal, except that it is not based on any factual evidence as far as I can tell. IMHP, it will be either thrown out of court or slapped with a substantial penalty for frivolous law suits, just as the Christic's complaint was.

Wojtek