[lbo-talk] Saddam Hussein's Arrest and the Peace Movement

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 15 16:58:46 PST 2003

>We at "Lists 2" received our regular dispatch from
><jacdon at earthlink.net>, saying:
>
>> THE CAPTURE OF SADDAM HUSSEIN
>>
>> The U.S. government and mass media are beating the war
>> drums of joy and victory over the capture of former President
>> Saddam Hussein of Iraq, but the U.S. peace movement
>> certainly has no cause to celebrate.
>
>No cause? Absolutely *none*?

Another thug taken down. Fine by me. If the "peace movement" -- whatever that is -- doesn't want to play, then it goes away.

When Sammy Gravino takes down the Teflon Don, or vice versa, I don't care about which one was "better dinner company." I'm just glad to see either one gone. Self-inflicted wounds or not.

If anyone cares about SH, if you have any grief, embrace it, accept it, and move on.

We have a trial coming up... The guy didn't put a bullet in his head, though he had the chance. Let's see where this game goes... the ENTIRE world will be watching, and very closely. Perhaps unlike anything since Nuremberg. Let him dress up, get a shave, and tell us what he knows...

Ken.

-- It is not those who can inflict the most, but those who can suffer the most who will conquer.

-- Terence MacSwiney