[lbo-talk] Saddam Hussein's Arrest and the Peace Movement

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 15 17:25:20 PST 2003

Thomas wrote:

>If he is given a chance to do so, then the Peace
>movement would have much to celebrate. But I dont
>think Bush and company are going to let that happen.
>The prosecutions questions will stay miles away from
>questions about his former relations with the United
>States.

It may. And I agree a regional tribunal may happen.

But if it does, then the entire ideology of the U.S. has a problem.

Don't be resigned. Don't accept it as a foregone conclusion.

Make them have to explicitly overturn every traditional part of jurisprudence to do so.

Fight for "rule of law."

And if you have a moment, reread Nuremberg again... Justice Jackson... all that high-sounding talk.

Ken.

-- If I were an American, as I am an Englishman, while a foreign troop was landed in my country I never would lay down my arms, -— never! never! never!

-- William Pitt

Speech, Nov. 18, 1777