[lbo-talk] Query

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 15 22:05:47 PST 2003

Shane Taylor wrote:

> <raises eyebrow> Uh, okay. I'll play.

Not just play. This was exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to see. The internet gives us the opportunity (which we didn't have in the '60s) to pool this sort of information, and put it on record.

> There had
> been an robust influx of new people. The majority of them were new to
> activism. Fresh energy, fresh ideas -- very good. It was the best
> experience I ever had in left politics (such as it is) in the D/FW
> metroplex.

This corresponds to some of my experience here in Bloomington/Normal; I've had more fun than I had for the most part in the '60s. (Not to speak of the deadly grind with little response of the Central America solidarity work.)

Why the raised eyebrow?

Carrol