RES: [lbo-talk] Lula's party purges leftists in Brazil

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 16 00:45:21 PST 2003

The "left" alternative seems to be
>insisting in the same reforms that are devastating
our country. So,
>what is to be done??? It´s curious that Lula was a
great admirer of
>Jospin, and when he was punished for his policies, he
blamed "the
>radicals". Now he is playing the same stupid
game....alienating his
>supporters in a desperate attempt to seem reliable to
finacial
>capital. Each improvement in the stocks value is
hailed as a great
>achievemnt even if the economy won´t grow this year
and mean wages
>dropped by 15%!!!! And I voted for those idiots!!
>
> Alexandre

Lula da Silva may well fail. But if he gets undercut by the left, the chance that he will fail rises to 100%.

Alexandre seems to be saying that Lula has already failed to serve his interests. Success for one class is failure for another. Keeping one's mouth shut "like a good German", is a nice way to play the game of "race ya to the bottom." Roll over Rover.

What is to be done?

I'd say, try to organize classconsciously. You can't depend on the polytricksters to serve your interests unless you can make them pay at the point of prodution and in the streets, if they fail.

Mike B)

===== ***************************************************************** Where parents do too much for their children, the children will not do much for themselves.

ELBERT HUBBARD (1856-1915) The Note Book of Elbert Hubbard ed., Elbert Hubbard II p. 193

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal