[lbo-talk] Looking for Progressive History of Europe

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Dec 16 10:57:33 PST 2003

Also:

Aleksander Gella, _Development of Class Structure in Eastern Europe_

S. Wojciech Sokolowski, Ph.D. Senior Research Associate Institute for Policy Studies Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD 21218 (USA) email: sokol at jhu.edu voice: +1 410 516 4056 fax: +1 410 516 7818 -----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of J Cullen Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 1:16 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Looking for Progressive History of Europe

A high school history teacher, who uses Howard Zinn's "People's History of the United States" in his US history course, asks, "Could you direct me to a comprehensive European history book that uses a Progressive interpretation of European history? I am looking for a [Howard] Zinn approach to European history. I would appreciate any advice on this topic."

Any recommendations of a readable history of Europe suitable for AP high school students?

Thanks,

-- Jim Cullen -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20031216/55f30738/attachment.htm>