[lbo-talk] Re: query

robert mast mastrob at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 16:35:37 PST 2003

I've been lurking on this high volume list for a couple weeks, reading everything. The material is generally quite good, and I've benefited a lot. Have to soon unsubscribe for a period because I'll be away, but I wanted to make a quick point.

First, Hi Steve!! Best to your wife and baby.

My point has to do with the "query" thread. Whether or not folks respond, it was an important query. Just about as bottom line as one can get on a left list, but very difficult, even embarrassing, to deal with.

A mini-movement appeared in the U. S. in 1996 - the Labor Party (U.S.) - for which I had high hopes. I worked very hard as an LP activist in the Pittsburgh, Albuquerque, and Detroit chapters, and only recently have dropped out of active work. Now I'm trying to analyze the experiences and maybe draw some conclusions which I might share in the future.

I'm a sociologist hanging out in the Detroit area at this time.

Bob Mast -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20031216/10afed3a/attachment.htm>