[lbo-talk] errata corrige (was: US anti-imperialists mourning saddam...Really?)

mullah_omar at email.it mullah_omar at email.it
Tue Dec 16 18:54:32 PST 2003

Sorry, it seems that all the hype here in Italy about this controversial manifestation was fabricated: in fact there has never been any fascist involved, but this framing helped most of the left to escape the issue of the legitimacy of Iraqi resistance. The full story (in italian) is at: http://www.kelebekler.com/occ/13dic.htm

Sorry for the inconvenience.

----- Original Message ----- From: <mullah_omar at email.it> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 8:10 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] US anti-imperialists mourning saddam...Really?

> These guys were discarded by almost all the alternative italian left (from
> il manifesto to indymedia to Communist refoundation etc.) just because the
> left / right divide is generally considered important, and they violated
it
> including in this event some neonazis. In fact, they were less than one
> thousand, that is very few compared to similar events here.
>

> > Rome's Iraqi resistance demo: We are tip of iceberg
> > http://www.antiimperialista.com/en/
> > On Saturday, 13th December, 2003 the first larger manifestation in
Europe