[lbo-talk] McGruder at the Nation bash

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Dec 17 10:55:49 PST 2003

Shane Taylor wrote:

> What the hell? McGruder is right on this one. I like what Juan Cole
> said: the Dems should run ads with the pic of Rummy and Saddam shaking
> hands.

Yeah, like the Democrats are being nice to Dean right now. If the Dems want to win, they have to differentiate themselves from the Republicans. The Repubs are busy co-opting all of the Democrats's issues, like Medicare reform and so on. Why would voters pick a Republican in Democrats clothing when they could stick with the real thing.

The attacks ads that the Dem candidates are running against Dean right now will probably undermine their ability to get elected more than Nader running would. I'm sure that the Repubs are jumping up and down in excitement over this attack on Dean vis a vis the war and Saddam Hussein. The Democrats are trashing their strongest card right now, which has to do with the widespread public opposition to the war. The Dems should embrace the anti-war cause and spend their time pointing out that Bush is more concerned about rebuilding the Iraqi economy than he is the American one.

Oh, speaking of message for the anti-war movement, I think that anti-war movement should start calling for "deomcracy and free elections in Iraq." This message would support what Iraqis want and would drive a wedge in Bush administration propaganda that the war was about freedom, democracy and human rights.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey