[lbo-talk] Tariq Ali's piece at Counterpunch

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Dec 17 11:34:03 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Brian Siano wrote:
>
>> if the Iraqis start to investigate the connections between Saddam and
>> the U.S. more closely
>

> They will be arrested or shot!
>
> Do you seriously, even for a nanosecond, think that Iraqis could bring
> the likes of Rumsfeld to justice? If you do, I want some of those drugs.

You know, you're right? Lord knows what I was thinking. You're right: Bush was won, he's won supreme, and there's really no hope at all for Iraq. None. Even if the place _does_ turn into an abbatoir, it was _inevitable_, and to even suggest that the country even had any hope was, well, silly. Or a sign of mental illness.

So tell me, Doug: _Why_ do you publish a newsletter when challenging capitalism may be equally futile?