[lbo-talk] Re: Show Trials

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Dec 17 15:17:32 PST 2003

Wow, you know about "Man in the Glass Booth"!!!! I don't quite see the relevance to the Hussein case, but if you know how I can get my hands on a video of that movie, I'd be very grateful. Did they ever make a video?

I thought of "M" because I remember being really impressed by the unfolding logic/arguments of that movie, which was about the apprehension, capture, and judgement of an "evil" man guilty of killing a child (I don't remember if rape was also involved.).

I am repulsed about discussions of an "appropriate trial for Hussein." I think the first thing the "left" needs to say is that a trial of Hussein without a trial of those who helped put him in power, financed him, set him up, etc. is simply meaningless. And I refuse to go through the initial ritual hand-wringing about how "evil" I really think he is, but...."

Joanna