[lbo-talk] Re: Lbo-talk digest, Vol 1 #2006 - 10 msgs

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 09:57:38 PST 2003

Wojtek wrote:

>>I generally do not read too much into polls, but this one strangely
resonates with a thought that I've had for some time that Jews were a better people when Israel lived only in their wishful imagination.<<

Mate, give over. One doesn't exactly have to be a member of the Likud party to surmise that "the Jews" are highly unlikely to give two fucks about what you think might be morally uplifting for them. This is an order of magnitude more provocative than your periodic unsolicited advice to the black community about how to handle its media relations in the USA, and that's pretty bad.

In the general spirit of the thing, could I point out that you too were a better person (or at least a much more interesting correspondent) in the days before you started deciding to use LBO-talk as a medium for sending messages to entire social categories, a purpose for which it is monumentally ill-suited. Fucking brilliant timing too to start having a go at the Jews on the day after that Frontpage story; that'll help convince any rightwing trolls present that there's no such thing as left-wing antiSemitism, won't it? For Pete's, and indeed Christ's sake.

Oh yeh, and just to add some content to what would otherwise be a pure flame, could I remind people that that famous EU poll did not, like just didn't, say that anyone believed Israel was the "biggest threat to world peace". It asked people, of a list of countries "Is this country a threat to world peace?" and Israel got the highest proportion of yesses. An analogy might be that if I asked 100 people "Is flu a danger to your health at the moment?" then "Is Ebola a danger to your health at the moment?" and published the results under the headline "EVERYONE THINKS FLU IS MORE SERIOUS THAN EBOLA".

grrrr and bollocks. good to be back.

dd

=====

________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html