[lbo-talk] Jews and states [was: lynching]

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 16:53:10 PST 2003

W's hypothesis is correct. Note that in Hungary, the entire Jewish losses were after the Nazi overthrow of the functioning local gov, which was antisemitic but not genocidal. IO bet a breakdowndown of France between Vichy and occupied France would further support the theory, although Vicy did NOT resist the deportation orders. The "Baltics" btw should not be lumped together -- Estonia was pretty nice to the Jews. The Estonians are Lithuania was another story. The program in Kaunas where the Nazis rolled in, with the Jews being beaten to death with sticks and lead pipes on the streets, appalled Eichmann. The Litvaks were not much nicer. The Estonians are, I believe, a nonSlavic people related to the Finns and the Hungarainas, although I am not sure about this.