[lbo-talk] Tariq Ali's piece at Counterpunch

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 19:51:07 PST 2003

Actually, it _has_ happened, that the occupation is far worse than the Saddam regime, so far as I can tell -- on the predictable Hobbesean grouds that any govt better than none (Sorry, Chuck0 -- may in anoyher world!) As under Stalin, for ordinary people who were apolitical, the Baathist regime was probablt pretty good -- leaving aside the sanctions. God help you if you were perceived as a dissidsent, but most people proabbly did more than OK -- until the sanctions. I oiffer no apologies for Saddam or Stalin. I am glas they are gone. But you can do worse. There is a Yddish curse: May you get what you wish for. jks