[lbo-talk] RE: Washington post editoral on Dean

Devine, James jdevine at lmu.edu
Thu Dec 18 20:25:51 PST 2003

Gary writes:>Boy, I really don't get all of this mainstream hostility toward Dean. Nor do I understand how, in the face of genuine and evidently substantial enthusiasm among the Democratic Party's rank & file, pundits like Safire and Brooks can maintain with a straight face that he's not electable.<

perhaps it's the "substantial enthusiasm among the DP's rank & file" that's part of the problem. Politics is supposed to be that of the enlightened elites making decisions for us, not something that the rank and file is supposed to worry its pretty little heads about. Jim Devine -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 3678 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20031218/33246800/attachment.bin>