Strom's progeny was Re: [lbo-talk] RE: lynching

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 09:08:33 PST 2003

Had to change the subject line!

In a message dated 12/19/2003 1:45:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, rhisiart at charter.net writes:

> i hate to sound cruel, but does this sound vaguely reminiscent of strom
> thurmond's black daughter to the rest of you as it does to me?

Strom's Black daughter did come to mind when I read this, but

1. Strom was an odious racist whose views "evolved." His daughter says he was one of the first Senators to hire Black staff. News accounts do not say whether they made policy or swept up, but....

2. Eichmann's body count way exceeds Strom's

3. Strom AT LEAST acknowledged his kid in private if not in public.

Strom's grandson lives in SW WA and interviews with him, like interviews with his mother point just to the personal burden of keeping this secret, not o any great sense of responsibility for Strom.

So don't sign me up for the Strom fanclub, but at least we're talking matters of degrees

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20031219/06e1ae4f/attachment.htm>