[lbo-talk] Online Poll: Tell Nader to Go Fuck Himself

Andrei andrei at world.std.com
Fri Dec 19 17:03:43 PST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Chuck0 wrote:

> > http://www.naderexplore04.org/survey/survey_start.php
>
> The stupidty of the Democrats and this knee jerk hostility towards the
> Green Party and Ralph Nader may portend the coming demise of the Dems
> next year.

I've started thinking that if any Democratic candidate besides Kucinich beats Bush (I'm "realistic" enough to realize that Braun & Sharpton don't have a real chance), the Democratic Party will be in a lose-lose situation and it won't help the future of the party either. No one besides Kucinich would be that great of a change and they would have the huge task of dealing with the mess that Bush would leave behind plus the resistance he's helped put in place and they probably wouldn't come out looking good in the eyes of either Democrats or Republicans. It's like the Republicans have set the rules of the game and you have to be a "radical" now to go against what they've created. I think the Republicans have succeeded at making centrists look like liberals and making liberals look like radicals. And the Democrats are playing along.

I try to be optimistic, but I think we're kind of fucked, to be honest. As much as I love Kucinich and am supporting him it's pretty unlikely he'll win when everyone's so sold on Dean.

- Andrei