[lbo-talk] Re: who knew what, and what did they know?

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Fri Dec 19 17:04:09 PST 2003

"Did they know about an impending attack but were nevertheless unable to foil it - or did they know about an impending attack - but opportunistically 'let it happen', in a scenario similar to

that described by Stinnet re Pearl Harbor."

even if some people in government knew that there would be a terrorist attack, that doesn't mean that they knew exactly what would happen...please...I "knew", as many others, and feared (still do), as many others, that we would not and could not get away with our wretched behavior for much longer, and not face some really violent events here at home...but I never imagined the scale of the event, and the dimwits in government unintelligence who "knew" aren't likely to have, either...

my fear was , and still is, an suv packed with explosives driven into a shopping mall by a suicide bomber, or a knap-sack carrying entrant to any public space, or some such....hardly anybody could have foreseen what happened on 911, except for those who did it, and those who planned it, and it is stretching things to the breaking point to assume that one or more of the murderous, fanatic shit heads who run this country, knew that some 3,000 would die, and said, go ahead, it will all work to our benefit...

that it did so, after the fact, does not mean that they planned it or knew it or sanctioned it, before the fact... but it does mean that we are all pretty fucking helpless, so far, to do anything substantial about it...except maybe rejoice over saddam's capture, or complain about the menace of demonstrations organized by answer, or question, or whatever...

fs