[lbo-talk] Online Poll: Tell Nader to Go Fuck Himself

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:53:05 PST 2003

(I am a passive Kucinich supporter by the way, but I do think the 'Goddess' comment was too much ;-)

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/stories/120403/opi_kunchinge.shtml

Dennis Kucinich, current Democratic presidential aspirant, announced his candidacy by saying he was "running for president of the United States to enable the goddess of peace to encircle within her arms all the children of this country and all the children of the world."

OK, Michael Jacks ... er, I mean Dennis Kucinich, don't make any sudden moves -- just back away slowly and put the campaign down. Goddess of peace? What was he thinking?

Incidentally, Kucinich favors decriminalizing marijuana and counts Willie Nelson as a big supporter. Still, goddess of peace? Whatever happened to the separation of goddess of peace and state?

And how does he know it is a goddess? I've always pictured the deity of peace as a man, albeit an effeminate, body-pierced, Abercrombie and Fitch-wearing metrosexual. Either way, the liberal left has just lost all mocking privileges against the religious right.

To be fair, though, Kucinich can't just be judged by one remark, no matter how weird or disturbing, so here's another hymn from the church of Kucinich:

"The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of the stars. Stardust and spirit unite, and we begin: One with the universe. Whole and holy. From one source, endless creative energy, bursting forth, kinetic, elemental. We, the earth, air, water and fire source of nearly 15 billion years of cosmic spiraling."