[lbo-talk] marx, clausewitz, left-wing militarism

Jeet Heer jeet at sturdynet.com
Fri Dec 19 21:42:52 PST 2003

Hi all, I'm working on an aritcle about the various left-wing traditions with regard to military policy. I remember that someone once posted an interesting comment about Marx's debt to Clausewitz, along with a citation on this. But I can't find that earlier post even with a google search. Did I just imagine this? Does Marx owe anything to Clausewitz. Also, is it true that Marx and Engels made valuable contributions as military analysts? Any enlightenment would be apprecated. Jeet