[lbo-talk] Invasion of the Entyists

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 07:06:48 PST 2003

>[any comments, James Heartfield?]
>
>Guardian (London) - December 9, 2003
>
>Invasion of the entryists

George Monbiot reports that the Revolutionary Communist Party has 'become the face of the scientific establishment'. Remembering that a few years ago he reported that the RCP had taken over Britain's Fourth TV Channel, we can assume that world domination is not far behind....

Incidentally, Monbiot reports that the RCP nearly destroyed the radical Polytechnic of North London - a statement whose literal meaning is that we were on the verge of blowing it up, or some such, and that the RCP 'disrupted the miners' strike'... in its orderly march towards defeat, I suppose. What actually happened was that the RCP was involved in a student occupation at PNL, and called for a ballot of miners in the strike of 1984-5.

But for the record, George Monbiot was wholly absent from all of these conflicts of the 1980s, happy keeping to his work for the BBC's natural history department in Bristol, while the class struggle raged throughout the country. It was only after organised labour had been defeated that George got interested in various 'not in my back yard' type protests. -- James Heartfield