[lbo-talk] Re: Lbo-talk digest, atheism, Nazism

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Dec 22 09:41:35 PST 2003

Daniel Davies wrote:

> In related news, my suggestion for the American atheist movement would be to
> learn from the British experience. We've had a compulsory "Act of Worship
> [...] broadly Christian in character" every day in schools since the 1950s.
> The resulting tired, lifeless and unenthusiastic presentation of religion to
> developing young minds has ensured that the current generation are damned
> nearly Godless.

I think there is something to this. I'm the oldest of four kids in my family. The three oldest kids spent some amount of time attending Lutheran K-12 schools. I turned out anti-religious and non-religious. The other two sisters who went to Lutheran schools go to church occasionally. My youngest sister--who went to public schools her entire life--is the big religious nut right now.

> cheers and a jolly merry Christmas to those few remaining lbo-talk readers who
> are neither lurkers from Frontpage magazine nor actual Nazis. You know who you
> are.

I'm a godless, atheistic, Taoist anti-religious Homerist who enjoys Christmas every other year. Merry Christmas to you too.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey