[lbo-talk] Re: Atheism

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 10:17:20 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin:

" Correct me if I err, but whenever atheists credit believers with positive contributions, it always seems to me condescending. For all the "tolerance" atheists supposedly possess, I rarely see it in threads like this.

DP"

Not only that, in many activist groups I've worked with, it's religious people--nuns, Quakers, observant Jews-who do most of the heavy lifting and aren't so easily discouraged.

You could almost say that the religious left IS the left.

Secular lefties are also more likely to radiate a corrosively cynical attitude (I'm a big offender).