[lbo-talk] P.S.

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Dec 23 22:08:50 PST 2003

Alex LoCascio wrote:

> apropos my last post, and Chuck0's point that the American left should get down and dirty with the sort of nasty populism of Michael Moore, Al Franken, etc (a position I agree with)...
>
> I should add that Michael Moore is huge here, and hasn't left the top of the bestseller lists since I arrived almost two years ago.

Did anybody here listen to Fresh Air on NPR this afternoon? The guest was humorist Mort Sahl. I think he made some good observations about the dearth of good political humor. He was critical of the shallow humor of Michael Moore and Al Franken. I think Sahl made some extremely funny points, but I'll take any left humorist we can find these days. Humor and ridicule are our best weapons against the extremist right these days.

I'm dreaming of a Christmas morning present of news that Rush Limbaugh has been flushed out of his Florida spiderhole with a trunk of illict oxycontin.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty