[lbo-talk] Religion

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 11:07:23 PST 2003

>It seems to me that the main context in which leftists' opinions about
>religious feelings & practices really matter is that of religious leftists
>debating religious issues with their right-wing opponents within their own
>congregations/denominations/faiths.
>--
>Yoshie

Seemingly sensible advice, Yoshie, but I wonder if it's outdated. Religion has been weaponized in US society today in a way that has profound consequences for US foreign policy. E.g., the self-defeating, ruinous course the US has been following in Iraq seems inexplicable in any rational terms and provides evidence religious wackos really are running the show in Washington.

You may not be interested in religion, but religion is interested in you :)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es