[lbo-talk] Merry Christmas!

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Dec 26 10:21:22 PST 2003

Jim D:

> But it's best to face the depressing aspects of our lives frankly. It's
also good to look at the non-depressing aspects.

Sure. What's so wrong about being positive? Is this truly a slam to the terminally depressed? Hell, I've gone through some seriously dark periods in my life, emotionally and financially, so it's not as if I'm blind to that part of existence. I'm certain there are many here who've gone through the same. But why is it that to some lefties, being positive or -- even worse -- spiritual, a sign of weakness? I know that there is comfort in maintaining a grim outlook (I did it for years), but is it at all constructive?

DP