[lbo-talk] Rlynching

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 07:50:08 PST 2003

OK, I realize this post puts me one over (sorry Doug) but I was contacted offlist and rightly told to offer more evidence for my assertion that Russian anti-Semitism is no worse than Western European anti-Semitism than just anecdotal testimony. Here goes. Vot:

The Jewish Week

EU Anti-Semitism Seen Threat To Russian Jews

Leader of Russian Jewish Congress urges government to spurn Europe

Walter Ruby - Special To The Jewish Week

In what Russia watchers are citing as a first, one of the leaders of Russian Jewry has launched a diatribe against the European Union, claiming it is now a prime source of anti-Semitism threatening Jews in Russia today.

Yevgeny Satanovsky, president of the Russian Jewish Congress, told The Jewish Week in an interview last week that the best hope of Russian Jewry — and of Russia itself — is to spurn Europe and to strengthen ties with the United States and Israel.

“We have a new phenomenon these days — anti-Semitism exported to Russia from Western Europe with the help of money from Saudi Arabia and the Gulf,” Satanovsky said. “Anti-Semitism is practically the official practice of the European Parliament, and is manifested in an ongoing anti-Zionist campaign and a so-called pluralistic view of Palestinians and Israelis.”

http://www.ncsj.org/AuxPages/082203JWeek_RJC.shtml

_________________________________________________________________ Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access — limited time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup